Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Manchester



Some people ask me about a post in english. Here it is.
The last weekend I went to Manchester, to visit my friend Anbu (now father Anbu) who is working there in a parrish in Bolton, and of course, to visited the Shrine of our Lady.
It was a great experience. I travelled by train, passing through London Victoria to London Euston and then to my final destination: Manchester. The trip was quite nice, I enjoyed the countryside and the view from the train.

In Manchester, I supposed to take the bus 9 to Bolton, but I didn't now that the bus stop it was a couple of blocks from the station, Eliana (the Chilean who is in charge of the Shrine) didn't said me that. So I had to called her for new instructions. After that, I passed forward, so I had to came back. The only problem was p Anbu had the mass at 1800, but I arrived to the Shrine one hour later.
There I met p Anbu and Eliana, who showed me the place where I went to sleep, which was near to the Shrine.

On Saturday I went to mass and then took with Eliana who had already spended almost two years there. It was very nice to shared with another Chilean our opinion of this country.

I spended the afternoon with Anbu, who showed me the city. After that he should came back to his parish, but I stayed in the city centre for a while. During the night I went with Christoph (an German young adult who is spended a year working there, instead of the army service) to a birthday party to a young girl from the parish.

On Sunday, i went to mass, and then I had to waited for f Anbu, because he said to me that he it was coming tomorrow afternoon. The problem was he arrived at 17 pm, so I can't visited any museum, but we can talk together.


I came back by train, but I had to waited in the train Station for one hour, until 1 am, and then I came back to Brighton, UK.

6 comments:

Estrategia said...

Que bien!!! De las alturas de Chol Chol a las highlands de Escocia!! Está tan bueno el post que no me atreví a comentarlo en inglés....

Anonymous said...

Qué maravilla, ya te expresas super bien en inglés. Entendí bastante bien, todo muy claro.

Espero el comentario sobre las tierras altas.

Anonymous said...

Qué maravilla, ya te expresas super bien en inglés. Entendí bastante bien, todo muy claro.

Espero el comentario sobre las tierras altas.

gongutnar said...

Gracias por todos lo comentarios, desde Brighton, tratando de aprender ingles!!!, jejeje

wenselao said...

Pero si no es el mitico Anbu!!!!!!!!!

Bien Gongutnar se nota que estay justificando el viaje jajajaja

Saludos desde la tierra de los peñis.

Anonymous said...

hola Gonzalo, que emoción que te encontraste con Ambu.
Cariños.